Total Pageviews

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Manchester City v Hamburg Enemy At The Gates April 2009
















Ground 68  Eastlands

April 16th 2009

Manchester City 2-1 SV Hamburg

City lose 4-3 on agg

Attendance 47,009

Found a few old photos so thought i'd put them on my website .

I've only attended a few football games in the last 25 years . I'm more used to a warm front room and my remote control .

Visited Eastlands to sample European football . Tagged along with a few friends to Manchester via British Rail and ended up in Wetherspoons before the game . There were loads og Hamburg supporters in plus a contingent from Glasgow Rangers . I believe Hamburg are twinned with them as Celtic are coupled with St Pauli , the German clubs fiercest rivals . Seems like a good idea - there's twin Cities so why not have a twin club to support .

Was with Kev , a True Blue City fan ; a season ticket holder for years . In the middle of the photo is Neil - a true Hammer - West Ham mad . Kev stuck two fingers up to signify City 2-0 Hamburg . I presume this meant City would go through .

Kev woke me up and reminded me , ' If you're expecting prawn sandwiches - you'll have to go a few miles down the road ! ' I thought you'd bring your armchair , remote and slippers with you ! '





The guy in the glasses is an Aberdeen fan - quite a mix of allegiances .




We'll drink to that - City getting beat - oh dear .

At the end of the match City just failed to go through much to my amusement but Kev was seething - his face was brighter than Hamburgs shirts !!

Kev was even more upset when Neil collected his bet winnings for predicting the score LOL !!!!!!

No comments: